The World of Endless Possibilities: Lemonade Edition
Freshly squeezed juices are a favourite over at Honeybutter. They are a great way to use up ingredients, they’re simple to make, and when it comes to variety in flavours… you have entered the world of endless possibilities!
Below is a simple lemonade recipe to get you started, as well as a few of our favourite takes on the classic.
Classic Freshly Squeezed Lemonade
- 4 Cups Water, divided
- 2 Cups Sugar1.5 Cups Fresh
- 1.5 Cups Freshly squeezed lemon (or lime!) juice
- Add sugar, and half the water to a medium pot
- Remove from heat and allow cooling for 10 minutes. In the meantime, squeeze the juice from your lemons or limes
- In a large juice jug, add freshly squeezed lemon juice, sugar mixture and remaining water
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve over ice, and enjoy! Consider serving mixed with a splash of sparkling water for an extra refreshing twist!
When it comes to fresh made juices, the flavour possibilities are endless! Take a look in your fridge and see what inspires you! Lemon and lime both pair very well with a variety of other flavours, so don’t be afraid to get creative! Here are a few of the favourites from the ladies at Honeybutter!
- Consider adding fresh mint at the end, or even basil or rosemary.
- When boiling your sugar syrup, add fresh or dried lavender or rose hips for a floral twist. Strain and continue to follow the recipe above.
- If you want to really turn things up a notch, add some spice! Boil your sugar water with ginger root, cinnamon or nutmeg! These are such simple, yet delicious additions to any lemon or limeade.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon matcha powder in a cup of boiling water and use for a substitute for 1 cup of water. Chill and serve over ice for a refreshing matcha lemonade.
- In a blender, add your sugar and half the water with 2 cups of blueberries, raspberries, watermelon, peaches or whatever fruit inspires you! Blend, strain, and boil to dissolve sugar.
- For a refreshing summer cocktail, mix your lemon or limeade with some gin or vodka.
Featured here today is a vibrant cherry lemonade. One of our personal favourites, this delicious cherry variation is also fantastic when paired with lime!
These lemonades are great to enjoy on your own, and perfect for hosting! Add one of these refreshing lemonades to your family brunch, summer bbq, or holiday party. We know your family and friends will love these recipes as much as we have!